1 bunch brocoli
1 head cauliflower
1 can milk (evaporated)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken/celery soup
2 cloves garlic
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cayanne pepper (if desired)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
*1/4 cup of softened butter is optional (to be mixed with soup and milk)
1. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into edible-sized pieces of and set aside for the moment. Crush/mince the garlic and add the pinch of salt to the garlic, for this will help the mincing if you're doing it by hand.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine milk and both cans of soup and mix well. You may mix the spices in with the soup mix at this time, as well as with the garlic, or you can add the spices at the end to top off the casserole.
3. Finally, put the brocoli and cauliflower in a casserole dish, then pour the soup mix and spices over top, distributing evenly.
4. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and bake (covered)for about 30-40 minutes at 350F, or until vegetables are soft enough to eat.
5. A variation of this recipe might include red peppers or sauteed chicken breast (both are quite good), which can be mixed in with the soup mix.
6. The combination of spices included here is only a guideline, and you are encouraged to try your own combinations, although you shouldn't leave out the garlic.