3 cups Bisquick® baking mix
1/2 cup sugar
Beer at room temperature, but not flat
Butter flavored shortening, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix Bisquick and sugar until blended. Start adding beer to form a wet, tacky dough (a little wetter than regular biscuit dough.)
3. Put dough on floured surface and dust top with flour.
4. Pat out dough by hand to about 1/2" thick.
5. Cut biscuits with a 3" cutter or use a glass.
6. Cover the bottom of a baking pan with most of the melted butter flavored shortening.
7. Arrange biscuits in pan and brush tops with remainder of the melted shortening.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes.