2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 can (1 lb) mashed pumpkin
Prebaked pastry shell
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and yolks.
2. Add the flour, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Beat in the cream and the vanilla, then add the mashed pumpkin and beat at medium speed until just mixed thoroughly.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees and bake for an additional hour.
5. Turn off the heat but leave the cake in the oven overnight to cool.
6. Serve either warm or chilled with whipped cream.