Makes 12 Puffs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup water
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
4 medium eggs
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
sprigs of mint
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
2. In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat butter, water, and salt over medium-high heat until mixture boils and butter has melted.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add flour all at once to butter mixture stirring vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Using a pastry bag fitted with a round tip, pipe 12 puffs, 3 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet; smooth tops.
6. Bake puffs until golden brown, 40 minutes.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake puffs for 10 minutes more. Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack to cool. Pierce 1 side of each puff.
8. To prepare filling, beat cream at medium spped until soft peaks form. Beat n sugar and almond extract until stiff peaks form.
9. But puffs in half horizontally. Pull out any uncooked dough. Spoon filling into puff bottoms; replace tops.
10. Dust puffs with sugar. Garnish with berries and mint.